The following procedure works for Windows 2000 and Windows XP:|
1) Download the client if you don't already have it:
2) Next, you need two NT utilities called INSTSRV.EXE and SRVANY.EXE. You can get them from here:
3) Put them in your Folding at Home directory - I'll use c:\fah for simplicity.
4) Next, open a command prompt (run - cmd). At the prompt, type:
instsrv fah c:\fah\srvany.exe
(it will tell you the service has been sucessfully installed)
5) open the registry editor (run - regedit)
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\fah
Create a New Key (folder) called "Parameters" inside the fah key (folder)
In the Parameters key, create a new String Value called AppDirectory
double-click it and set its value to c:\fah\ (or your fah directory if different)
Also inside Parameters, create a new String Value called "Application"
double-click it and set its value c:\fah\FAH4Console.exe
(again, the c:\fah\ part would be different if you fah directory is different)
6) Finally, open your services control panel and find fah - Right click it and pick start (it will be set to automatic already).
7) Use the CPU monitor in the task manager (ctrl-alt-del) to verify that it's at or very near 100% (uniprocessory systems).
8) Run F@H at least once manualy to enter your info (tem number etc.)